What was the first year of Muzzleloading season in New York?

Pilgrim

Does any one remember, what was the first year of Muzzleloading season in New York? I remember Sid Bell (The Alaskan Silversmith) being on a hunting stamp. Was that the first year?

I am trying to remember when I first started hunting muzzle. I believe it was between 1990 and ‘92. I think the year was the season after Sid Bell was on the New York State Muzzleloading stamp.

It was a strange coincidence because, it was my first time at “Whitetales Bluff” a camp in St. Lawrence County and I met Sid there. It was his first time there too. I was brand-new to hunting and all this muzzle loading stuff. The guys all laughed and broke my chops as it goes in most camps. To get them off my back, I told them to leave me alone, I’m just a pilgrim and the name stuck.  I’ve belong to that old camp ever since.

If any one could help me out here with a time frame, I’d appreciate it.  And if anyone knows of a website or place where I could find pictures of old hunting stamps from New York state that would be great too. If I see a muzzleloading stamp it might jar my memory.

Thank you much, keep you powder dry..  Pilgrim

post-2262-131455442397_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1314554424_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...