Honda pioneer 500

I am gonna get a new side by side. I am looking to stay under 10,000. The pioneer 500 seems the best one so far. Smaller width, enough power, shifting transmission, and I think it will hold its value. Only thing it doesnt have is a dump box, but not really a big deal. Anybody have or use one? Thanks

I don't have a Honda and don't know anyone with one but I have a Ranger. Hands down the best imo. I have the 800 but the newer 570 motor is only a fewer hp less and a bit louder. Admittedly I have always been a Polaris wheeler guy as the last 4 have served me well. What are you looking to do with it ?

With mine I have the main purpose to be a people hauler. I take the whole fam down to the creek and through the trails. I love that there's seat belts for the kids. I also use it to take dad to his stands, or recover deer etc. Having the dump bed is critical for firewood, dumping deer out etc. I also use the machine for me, too. Checking cam's, joy rides etc. The ranger is unbelievable when it comes to the soup too. I can't believe the stuff it goes through. Factory tires and all. I think you will really get your best built machine with the ranger. The only other machine I considered was the Kubota but the fact it tops out at about 20mph was a deal breaker for me.

What area are you located ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Wanna use it for stand movement and small plot work. Moving things in and out of woods. And snow plowing a small driveway. I like the electric shifting auto.transmission honda has. I did look at the ranger 500 but i worry about the belt slipping. 

You may want to google Honda electric shift problems, belt slippage is to me way overblown, unless of course you fill the cvt compartment with water.. 

Wanna use it for stand movement and small plot work. Moving things in and out of woods. And snow plowing a small driveway. I like the electric shifting auto.transmission honda has. I did look at the ranger 500 but i worry about the belt slipping. 

I promise you I have done things you wouldn't believe and have NEVER EVER had a belt slip. Scrambler, 2 sportsman and now a ranger. Pulling logs, pushing snow, pulling a heavy trailer etc. Drop it in low gear and go. I'm not a Polaris rep, but u have to imagine all those machines out there and if belt slippage was an issue they wouldn't be as successful. On the ranger I've only had it in high gear a handful of times when I was riding the road or going a long distance on flat ground and wanted to do 30+ mph.

I asked where you were located cause I'd let you romp around on the ranger. I'd let you drag a giant log through the swamp so you could see real world testing. Your a bit far for a test drive but if your in the buffalo area, look me up !!

Oh yea,they will go through anything....unless u fill the bottom side up with mud front to back in the think stuff. Get a winch no matter what !!!

90cf8b46deccf96f7cec199f7e57cc04.jpg005474ffb2fb67e7615210ba1ff96931.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

Have you thought about  looking at Yamaha ? I think if you were to do some research that you would find Yamaha’s reliability rating is right up with Honda’s. Plus Yamaha’s cvt set up is one of the best if not the best. 

They are over the budget i set. I am looking at under 10k. And I want new

I use a ranger and razor (landowners) to check traps and they are awesome machines go anywhere and handle just about anything

Majestic trails atv trail system uses a pioneer to get around for trail cleaning and whatnot and after a brief conversation with the owner I got nothing but great reviews on it as well. No personal experience tho.

My next major investment is a 4 seat ranger with any luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1