Just bought a Kawasaki Prairie 360

1 minute ago, mowin said:

At least you looked into it. I agree, ride responsible, and you're fine.  Ride like a idiot, and their gonna find every infraction. Lol

Love Maine. Looking forward to your pics. 

Thanks Mow, I plan to share the trip again. Yes sir, thats my experience so far, and we are only out there to cruise, and see the nothings of the backwoods:good:

• Like 1

Just now, rob-c said:

I’ve seen tons of guys running the seats here,I believe your 100% correct.  don’t get into trouble your good, but get noticed and just another fine the police can tack on. 

Thanks for chiming in with that, thats good to hear from other experience.  I have only saw one police officer upstate by our camp, he just glanced over, and continued his business, and we were on an un-lined paved road in Fulton County at 25mph.  Maine is the same as you describe, more add-on seats than ATV’s without.  No insurance required in Maine either, but I have full coverage since I run in NY.  Crazy how laws can differ state to state

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Quad looks great! I have a Prairie 360 also. Haven't done any after market mods though. Mainly use it out at our hunting property hauling stuff in and out. Looking forward to seeing pics from your trip to Maine.

Has it been good to you? Thank you!

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

Has it been good to you? Thank you!

Has been real good. It's a 2006. Bought it very lightly used in 2012. Has surprisingly good power for a smaller displacement engine. Have used it to pull good sized trees off trails, other quads stuck in the mud, etc with no problems. Only issue I had is when I first got it, it was finicky when cold out. Didn't like to idle and would sometimes stall but would run fine when warmed up. Switching to ethanol free gas has seemed to fix that issue. 

• Like 1

@Bionic I visited the Maine North Woods in the flip phone era, I had to drive out of there in the dark and I was terrified lol. I wrote down something like “left,left,second right, right, left,left, next right, left” on a napkin and hoped for the best! Moose everywhere too. And every little pond has brookies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

@Bionic I visited the Maine North Woods in the flip phone era, I had to drive out of there in the dark and I was terrified lol. I wrote down something like “left,left,second right, right, left,left, next right, left” on a napkin and hoped for the best! Moose everywhere too. And every little pond has brookies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yessssss! My idea of a paradise!

• Like 1