Chicken addition

Adkhunter1590

That back tire would have PISSED me off.  All that work, and then THAT screws with me lol.

Haha ya it deff pissed me off. Especially when it was stopping me from being able to get it backed into the driveway. I got really hot about that. After 15 mins of back and forth I gave up and called for backup lol. Every time it would start to go the direction I needed the tire would roll and pretty much stop the rear end and push the front. After all this time and effort and a stupid tire wouldn’t let me park it in the driveway!
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Haha ya it deff pissed me off. Especially when it was stopping me from being able to get it backed into the driveway. I got really hot about that. After 15 mins of back and forth I gave up and called for backup lol. Every time it would start to go the direction I needed the tire would roll and pretty much stop the rear end and push the front. After all this time and effort and a stupid tire wouldn’t let me park it in the driveway!

I laugh, but I PROMISE  i know that frustration! LoL

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
Adkhunter, I see your selling you coop.  
It's one well though out build.  Good luck with the sale. 

Yep we are moving over towards more meat birds. Just a change of direction, and it requires a different type of coop so I figured I’d offload this one to make room. That and the wife is saying she wants piglets this spring. This summers rain made it difficult to move around with all the mud. If I had a drier piece of land I’d probably keep it.

3 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Yep we are moving over towards more meat birds. Just a change of direction, and it requires a different type of coop so I figured I’d offload this one to make room. That and the wife is saying she wants piglets this springemoji849.png. This summers rain made it difficult to move around with all the mud. If I had a drier piece of land I’d probably keep it.

I don't think anyone had a dry piece of land this year.  Lol.   

I'm planning a coop "slightly" smaller than your operation with 6 chickens, but I really liked your build. 

Good luck with the oinkers. Used to raise 3 a yr when I was younger.  Nothing better than farm raised pork. 

I don't think anyone had a dry piece of land this year.  Lol.   
I'm planning a coop "slightly" smaller than your operation with 6 chickens, but I really liked your build. 
Good luck with the oinkers. Used to raise 3 a yr when I was younger.  Nothing better than farm raised pork. 

Lol your definitely right about everything being a swamp this summer. It was terrible here. I had full intentions on moving this coop all over the place. But once I had it in the yard and was working on training the new flock to their new home the skies opened up and never stopped. Went to try moving it once and sank the tractor in the yard making a total mess. Lol.

New coop builds are fun! I think that’s partially my reason for wanting to sell this one. Just to fund my meat bird coop ideas I have floating around in my head haha. Hope you enjoy the build as much as I do!

Ya I’m looking forward to getting a few piggies. Will be a fun new adventure with the kids. Once the snow melts and we dry up a bit I’ll be starting to clear out a spot for them. Everyone in my house loves bacon, so I’d love to supply us with fresh home grown pork instead of the crap you get at the store.

34 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Lol your definitely right about everything being a swamp this summer. It was terrible here. I had full intentions on moving this coop all over the place. But once I had it in the yard and was working on training the new flock to their new home the skies opened up and never stopped. Went to try moving it once and sank the tractor in the yard making a total mess. Lol.

New coop builds are fun! I think that’s partially my reason for wanting to sell this one. Just to fund my meat bird coop ideas I have floating around in my head haha. Hope you enjoy the build as much as I do!

Ya I’m looking forward to getting a few piggies. Will be a fun new adventure with the kids. Once the snow melts and we dry up a bit I’ll be starting to clear out a spot for them. Everyone in my house loves bacon, so I’d love to supply us with fresh home grown pork instead of the crap you get at the store.

I no longer raise pigs, but I to get 60lbs of pork belly's each spring and make my own bacon.  It's hard eating the store bought stuff after making your own. 

• Like 1