Best group so far

15 hours ago, moog5050 said:

You NEED at least 2 lowers - AR15 and AR10 style to cover the many calibers now available.  Then you start pricing uppers and realize that it isn’t that much more to buy the whole rifle.  Very slippery slope DB.  Lol.  

Depending on what you get and want you can build one for way cheaper. I have been throwing around the idea of an AR10 and been looking at a few different uppers. I know some of the bushmaster AR15 uppers are super accurate and for a whole rifle with those same uppers you're looking at over $1k. The lowers are all pretty much the same it's the parts inside that matter. Get a good trigger and BCG and the rest is all on the upper. You are 200% correct it is a slippery slope, one of those things you don't let the wife know about. The nice part about building one is you can have $1k invested but all those small purchases makes the wife think you aren't buying much. Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

already decided i'd go straight for the AR10 trying to justify that i'll somehow not end up with both. it'd be in 6.5 creedmoor too. can't justify getting a 308 over that.

If I was only buying one sporting rifle, I would go with an AR15 in 6.8 SPC 2.  Very similar ballistics to the 6.5 (at least out to 500yds) but the lower can be used for 223, Valkyrie 224, 22-250 etc.

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

If I was only buying one sporting rifle, I would go with an AR15 in 6.8 SPC 2.  Very similar ballistics to the 6.5 (at least out to 500yds) but the lower can be used for 223, Valkyrie 224, 22-250 etc.

no for me.  still would go with 6.5 creedmoor to reach out there. i've already got a "fully semi-auto but safe" rifle that's good out to around 400 yards with a lot more punch than any of them. even have a 10 rounder for it.

30 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

no for me.  still would go with 6.5 creedmoor to reach out there. i've already got a "fully semi-auto but safe" rifle that's good out to around 400 yards with a lot more punch than any of them. even have a 10 rounder for it.

Well don't hold back, what caliber?  Sorry for derailing thread Gen!

Edited by moog5050

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Well don't hold back, what caliber?  Sorry for derailing thread Gen!

not an AR so it's a totally irrelevant 30-06 that's not the kind your pappy used in the war.   .....yea i really want a 6.5 creedmoor AR.

• Like 1