Stewart Airport

NYDeer

Yes, sorry.. I think if I drove though the actual airport back entrance with my shotgun, you'd see me on the news..

Site saye perimeter spots are open, but cannot remember if there was a gate across the lot entrance..

I'm not sure what you mean by the "back" parking lot, but all the perimeter lots are supposed to be open. If you are talking about the lot at Ridge and Maple, I know it is open for sure as I have parked there twice while hunting turkey this spring.

Hope this helps :D

• Like 1

Yep, the Ridge rd lot I consider the back one, since the ranger shack if on the opposite side..

I never made it up, couldn't find my backtag! I left it with my goose hunting stuff, and found it today.. Will be going out next week, on vacation.. 

Have you bagged any yet there this year? In years past, I've seen them in the fields by the ranger station, & off the road on maple, but down towards the front of the property.. Thanks for the help..

Yep, I got one there this year.  Trying to get back there tomorrow to see if I can fill out my second tag.  I've only hunted there twice, so I've mainly just explored the area between Ridge and New roads going all the way down to Weed.

I'll have to try to check out the fields you mentioned if I strike out early in the morning.

• Like 1

Glad to help.

I went back myself on Sunday.  Had a few gobbles, but most were deep in the swamp.  I almost got lucky around 11:30, but I couldn't get the Tom to come in close enough to shoot before some mountain bikers scared him off.  :(

I'm going to try to get one more day in before the end of the season, hopefully with better luck.  I ran into a local hunter that told me about a couple of other areas in the park to check out, so we shall see.  :)

Haha, that placed really surprised me. Don't go anywhere else. I don't know but for some reason i think it dies down after 10am. I was using the crow call but nothing. I enjoyed that place but only bad i would say is the ticks and mosquitos which can be dangerous. When are you going again?

• 4 months later...