DEC Browse Surveys Finally Being Pushed

Looks like DEC is finally making ground with AVID and pushing it.  I got the bulletin email this morning.  Smart Phone app coming further down the road.  This has been in the works for at least a couple years.  Now I just wished they'd get their crap together and not send an email asking to sign up for a workshop/educational event that was a few days ago. Damn i wished i could predict the future. it would've been fun event to attend.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/NYSDEC/bulletins/1ed9403

• Like 2

I did some browse surveys with a NYS Forester on several properties a few years ago over several days.

Learned a bunch as it was very interesting procedure, and then to see generated results from the data as I was hunting some of the properties.

2 hours ago, Belo said:

there's also an invasive species program with app, but never seems to be a lot of interest. 

most don't care. they just want to hunt. only do habitat work if it means pulling out a tree for $$. invasive species what are they? stuff has been there forever.

• Like 1