Don't we have anyone else from region 6?

capt_terry

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, FallAir said:

I just bought a house in Blossvale, so I'll be looking to hopefully start hunting in the area this year.

Welcome in.  We are close to being neighbors.  Im in Verona beach.

Rte 49 is the north/south line.  So you got some options.  To get you started there is some county owned land that can be hunted off 49 headed towards rte 46 and new London. It's actually not hunted too hard.  They do fire training there and it's quite a bit of land.  It's on the southern side or right side headed towards new London.    Look it up on Google maps or something like huntstand . If you drive by they have some red triangles out there.   I wanna say it's bow only.

Also Verona beach state park.  on the opposite side of road of the camping park.  You have to get a form to fill out and keep with you in your vehicle.  Can get those at the state park office. Also bow only.  Lots of land there and have to put up with some hikers, pheasant hunters and horse riders, but get off the beaten path and you'll find some areas.  There is access to this on rte 13 and on Poppleton rd

good luck

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Welcome in.  We are close to being neighbors.  Im in Verona beach.

Rte 49 is the north/south line.  So you got some options.  To get you started there is some county owned land that can be hunted off 49 headed towards rte 46 and new London. It's actually not hunted too hard.  They do fire training there and it's quite a bit of land.  It's on the southern side or right side headed towards new London.    Look it up on Google maps or something like huntstand . If you drive by they have some red triangles out there.   I wanna say it's bow only.

Also Verona beach state park.  on the opposite side of road of the camping park.  You have to get a form to fill out and keep with you in your vehicle.  Can get those at the state park office. Also bow only.  Lots of land there and have to put up with some hikers, pheasant hunters and horse riders, but get off the beaten path and you'll find some areas.  There is access to this on rte 13 and on Poppleton rd

good luck

Thank you for the info Rob.  I am definitely fine with bow only as I am an avid bow hunter.  Being that we're almost neighbors, if you're ever looking for someone to tag along fishing let me know.  I grew up stream fishing for trout in PA, but haven't done much lake fishing.  I plan on doing some of both this summer.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FallAir said:

Thank you for the info Rob.  I am definitely fine with bow only as I am an avid bow hunter.  Being that we're almost neighbors, if you're ever looking for someone to tag along fishing let me know.  I grew up stream fishing for trout in PA, but haven't done much lake fishing.  I plan on doing some of both this summer.  Thanks again.

ok sounds good.  And PM me if you cant find those locations for hunting as well.  I can show you where they are.  

and heres a tip for some stream fishing nearby.  Fish creek below the harden furniture factory has about everything in there at times.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, FallAir said:

Just wanted to post a quick update. I made it down to the furniture factory. It’s only about 3 miles from my house. My boy caught this trout.

96686720-47A7-4E24-978C-FEF85F8CA270.jpeg

That's great!  There are trout, bass and even walleye there early in the spring.  It's as far as they can get when spawning and running up the river from the lake and some just seem to stay there.  Great pic and catch by your son.  Congrats