White Plains

YFKI1983

Hi all. Moving to white plains in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knew a good bow shop I could use. I use someone in Jersey for tuning and stuff but would rather someone local.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mmkay said:

About a 30 minute drive to Carmel ny and you'll find flying arrow sports

Flying arrow is a good shop. I would recommend them to anyone. Good guys and very helpful getting you set up. Indoor range and they have Techno hunt to shoot as well. 

Welcome to the area and good luck.

• Like 1

Flying Arrow. It's so good I make the 90 minute drive up from LI. They have a giant selection of bows and hunting gear and the people treat you like a valuable customer. Nice range in the basement. 

Do a Google search and read the reviews on some of the other shops in the Westchester area. Yes, it's the internet and people complain more than compliment, but you might see some themes in the reviews of certain shops.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

There is a very good shop in mamaroneck I forget the name but they have tuned my bow a few times and replaced strings. I haven’t bought anything there because they don’t sell Matthews but they do a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a very good shop in mamaroneck I forget the name but they have tuned my bow a few times and replaced strings. I haven’t bought anything there because they don’t sell Matthews but they do a great job.

That’s extreme archery...I used to go there but when one guy (Dave) went to flying arrow I followed him and make the trip to Carmel. Extreme is good in a pinch but prefer Flyin arrow when getting new strings, tune ups, etc. they also have a virtual range which s kind of cool-You shoot your bow and arrows with tips for a green screen.

Cougar sports in Ardsley closed a few years back

Is that where Dave went I guess I’ll be going there now

I just dropped my bow off there Tuesday- he was there but workin with a new family to archery as usual. Such a good dude with the kids.

I just dropped my bow off there Tuesday- he was there but workin with a new family to archery as usual. Such a good dude with the kids.

Yea he set my wife up with her first bow, it was awesome how good he was at teaching and man that guy can tune a bow

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this thread.  

I've been going to Extreme Archery in Mamaroneck.  I work in White Plains and live in Larchmont, so it's more or less on the way in between.  Shop is 10 minutes from my house.  They have a pretty good stock, and a usable 20 yard range.  $20 an hour to shoot, they basically leave you alone to do your thing.  I generally find there's only 1 or 2 other people on the range when I go on weekdays after work.   

Got my archery license there, as did my son.  

I'm sure there are better shops, bigger ranges, etc., but Extreme is just damn convenient.  And I find them quite pleasant.  Also bought my bow there - Hoyt PowerMax.  He sells Bear, Hoyt, PSE, etc.  

jm