Letting Clover go to seed, when to mow?

Mowed our DeerAg clover Staging plot 2 weekends ago. Took these pics Friday. It is coming back great. Three pics are from going down to where they enter the plot, last pic is looking out towards the bigger soybean/fall plot i plant. The deer will enter this staging plot at all times of the day. There is a doe bedding area near by. The will also hit this staging plot an hour or 2 before dark, stay here and chow then work there way out to the bigger plot as daylight draws to an end.... nearly every day during Late summer and early Fall  

I need to take thes tring trimmer down and cut it back a little wider where the zero turn could not reach. At the back of the plot(pic 3) you can see some dead standing veg. I terminated, seeded, and hooked it the to the left another 60ft or so for more "comfort and space"  

20180622_164559.jpg

20180622_164627.jpg

20180622_164722.jpg

20180622_165120.jpg

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 3

It sure is a perfect bow setup. In the last picture I have a stand about 5 yards to the left. It butts up to one of the very heavily logged hillsides so picking trees for bow stands is tough due to losing a lot of surrounding cover. This spot works, but id like to get down in the plot further. I only hunt it occasionally. Deer are always around here so getting in and out is not easy. Actually near impossible. I try to leave this stand for bucks harvests only.. when the timing is right. Id rather not hunt it, and keep pressure off instead.  

Planted June of 2017. Spread seed over mostly bare soil, is all I did. It was a dug rd they made April 2017 to skid logs out. Had a bunch of good rains last spring and early summer. Took off good. before it got dry last summer. Still grew slow as clovers do first year, but it was 5 or 6 inches high by fall, including heavy browse pressure..  

First pic was a few days after seeding soybeans and clover blend June 9th, you can see small white clover seeds as well as bean seeds. 2nd pic was taken September 1st. 

20170606_163406.jpg

20170907_163511.jpg

• Like 1