Crossbow Updates

I am reading a lot of these comments against the use of Crossbows whether it be in the archery Season, the Regular season, or the late Muzzle Loader/Archery Season, and I am truly amazed at the rederick and use of information.... Many of these responses are right out of the same Liberal Media that would have us NOT hunt at all. I wonder how many of the nay sayers have used a crossbow, and seen the actual capabilities, or if they are going to stick with what what the media and the Selfish attitudes of the NYB would have you believe..... As a Trapper, I run into this type of "Attitude" all the time. And most of it is due to miss information, and plain old ignorance to the topic.

Most who own and use a crossbow would tell you that the effective range of a crossbow is 30-40 yrds for hunting, which really is not ANY different than that of todays Compound Bows. In fact, you see hunters all the time on the outdoor channel taking shots out to 60++ yards. Can you shoot a crossbow out to 100 yrds. Sure you can..... I can shoot my Compound at 100 yrds too. Do it all the time practicing...... It is a great way to learn how to hold steady, and it makes the 20-40 yrd hunting shot I would take a chip shot. And then there was the comment about only if they have open sights, and not scopes...... WELL, maybe you should look at the advances in Archery Sights. You can use those same Scopes on your compound bow with the right mounting hardware....... I have friends who have them and LOVE them....... So what is the real reason that people don't like Crossbows. I have even heard that it is because you can become "Too Accurate, Too Quickly"........ AND!!!!....... Seriously folks. Isn't that the whole Idea. Isn't that THE main Moral, and Ethical principle that we has hunters have/should sworn to uphold???? That we will take the most ethical shot that will allow for a quick and humane Kill on the animals that we hunt.....

OUR children, are the future of keeping these tradition alive. We have All taught our kids Safety, ethics, and morals when it comes to hunting, and unfortunately, we are also teaching them to battle within. ...... Sometimes we are a bigger problem to ourselves than any Anti group could possibly be.... And don't think they don't know that.....They will play us against each other at any opportunity.

The truth is that if you are against the introduction of Crossbows in to NY for hunting, then you really are not a hunter at all..... You are NOT concerned for the future of our hunting traditions and how they are to be carried on. You are being selfish over something that isn't even yours..... NY Bowhunters inc... it is NOT..... YOUR SEASON!!!!...... it is the Hunters Season for those who live in NY and anywhere else that purchase a License...... If it is State land it is NOT ..... YOUR LAND!!!!.... It is OUR land as WE pay taxes on it and WE .... ALL.... have the right to use it within the law...... The TRUE hunters of this state had better start to understand that what we have is VERY fragile at this point, and if we continue to throw rocks at each other and NOT try to progress and draw new, Younger people, the Hunters in NY will cease to exist......... And wouldn't that be a shame......