Cape fear n north Carolina channel cats trip booked

REDNECK4LIFE32

Never fished there, but I booked a trip on the Santee Cooper this December, on my way home from deer hunting in Georgia. I've been wanting to scratch this off of my bucket list for a long time, and 2018 will be the year, if the weather cooperates. Channels, blue cats, and flatheads.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 2:20 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

how did you do?  

Ended up getting skunked didn't even get a bite. We were using shrimp and chicken lovers and eel and chopped up bluefills. We fished below the cape fear river locking dam #3. The guys I went with didn't do there homework we were supposed to fish locking dam #2 but it was under construcrion. Then on the final day of the trip they found out we should have been fishing locking dam #1 in wilmington. We were in a boat and fished the same spots don't even move locations. The people on shore has better luck then we did seen a 30lber and a 10 lber. We got our the Monday before the hurricane decimated the area. To me a complete waste of time and money. Plus 3 big guys in a 16 ft duck boat can you say crammed like sardines in a can. 

• Sad 2