Fire island big boys

ANTLERS

• 4 weeks later...

The biggest rack I ever saw, including on tv, was on Burma rd coming back from the inlet late one night a few years back. We were driving along and this guy popped his head up about 7-8 yards from the truck. I counted 14 points with more to go when he turned and disappeared. 

The North shore has monsters, too. My friends kid shot this one 3 years ago in NIssequogue. 

6FBA382F-056A-4F96-96E5-ABA1A06BE901.jpeg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

The biggest rack I ever saw, including on tv, was on Burma rd coming back from the inlet late one night a few years back. We were driving along and this guy popped his head up about 7-8 yards from the truck. I counted 14 points with more to go when he turned and disappeared. 

The North shore has monsters, too. My friends kid shot this one 3 years ago in NIssequogue. 

6FBA382F-056A-4F96-96E5-ABA1A06BE901.jpeg

They have freaks like that in Orient also

On 9/26/2020 at 7:38 AM, ChrisW74 said:

I've seen references to a  plan to do a public DMP hunt this year (2020-2021)  but it's been difficult to find out if this was going forward or not this year(Covid interruptions) and if so when.

Anyone have any details?

image.thumb.png.8db23b8fe650924f9b2ef5bf3ff08e23.png

A public hunt on Fire Island? Never happen. The National Park Service would never allow that.

8 hours ago, ANTLERS said:

A public hunt on Fire Island? Never happen. The National Park Service would never allow that.

I keep seeing the following phrase in the planing and submittal paperwork for 2020 which is why I was inquiring.

"

• a combination of deer removal operations (on NPS properties), capture and euthanasia of individual deer (where appropriate), and public hunting (within the Fire Island Wilderness only) to achieve the plan objectives (estimated at 20-25 deer per square mile)"