Asking for trouble

Water Rat

19 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

Wouldn't be poaching. Regulations above state no closed season. Trespassing yes. Again for the reason he stated it doesn't bother me. The reason people do things decide right or wrong in my opinion. The law may say it's ok to lay a trap in an open field next to a highway but is it ethical? How is that scene good for promoting trapping?

If you do not want people to mess with your stuff should not leave it in the open for others to see. Why make it easier for people to screw you over.

Yes it’s poaching, and trespassing. It’s illegal to mess with other people’s trapped animals. 

Ill ask you the same question I asked Earlier, do you make sure that all of your hunting activities are out of possible view of anyone else? If not, what you just stated is hypocritical. 

13 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

Yes, anything left in plain sight is an open invitation to criminals, that is why they are criminals. Why make it easy?

And he never said he did not have a PA hunting license, mute point cause of trespassing.

I agree what he did was not right, but it could have been prevented had the trapper not put the trap out in the open for all to see.  

But again not a big deal to me what the guy who killed the coyote did.

So anything that’s on MY property that’s not locked up in my house, garage or barn is open invitation for people to mess with, damage or steal it? Are you kidding me?

I know all that I need to about you at this point. Have a nice day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So anything that’s on MY property that’s not locked up in my house, garage or barn is open invitation for people to mess with, damage or steal it? Are you kidding me?

I know all that I need to about you at this point. Have a nice day. 

If you leave things out for people to see you are making it easier for them to mess with your stuff, correct? I do not think that is very hard to understand.

And to answer your other question, you would have to put forth alot of effort to find my hunting gear in the woods. I do not put my things out in open areas for others to see and mess with.

Wouldn't be poaching. Regulations above state no closed season. Trespassing yes. Again for the reason he stated it doesn't bother me. The reason people do things decide right or wrong in my opinion. The law may say it's ok to lay a trap in an open field next to a highway but is it ethical? How is that scene good for promoting trapping?
If you do not want people to mess with your stuff should not leave it in the open for others to see. Why make it easier for people to screw you over.

It was nothing but poaching.
The guy said it was 200yds off the rd. That's adequate distance.
The only ethics that should even come into question here are those of the poacher.
Doesn't matter if it's just a coyote. In my eyes once a poacher, always a poacher.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

If you leave things out for people to see you are making it easier for them to mess with your stuff, correct? I do not think that is very hard to understand.

And to answer your other question, you would have to put forth alot of effort to find my hunting gear in the woods. I do not put my things out in open areas for others to see and mess with.

No, Im not leaving it visible to make anything easier for them, its my stuff on my property, noone should be touching it. Suggesting otherwise is nothing but making an excuse for someone doing something they shouldnt be. We arent talking about leaving my windows in my car open in a parking lot at the store.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:22 AM, Just Lucky said:

I doubt that your hunting gear is invisible or immune to discovery.  There are no less than 5 hang on and ladder stands that I found in an area near where I hunt.  They were discovered in spots that any good hunter might reasonably expect to ambush deer.  Some were concealed very well!  In fact, I literally found the hang on below by picking a tree where I said aloud, "This would be a great ambush spot" and looking up the tree.  However, I am not an asshole criminal and left the gear alone.  

20171002_162831.jpg