Big raccoon ate his last bushel of corn last night

wolc123

14 hours ago, crappyice said:

I gotta say...that’s a pretty big looking coon compared to the shovel next to it. My Brittany is 40# and that looks pretty close...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was a real porker, probably the heaviest of the hundred or so I have taken thru the years.   Normally, I can use that shovel to easily throw them up on the rack for transport to the burial site (like I did with a 15-ish pound adult female this morning #10 off this years 3 acres of field corn).  That didn't work with that big "double-wide" boar.  When I used a glove to lift him up by the tail, I was surprised the tail did not pull off under all that weight.  He looked like he had a half bushel of corn in his belly.   If there were not so many bugs on them, I might have tried to get a chest girth measurement for TF.    He may have been closer to 50 than 40, if you included the weight of the bugs.

Edited by wolc123

He was a real porker, probably the heaviest of the hundred or so I have taken thru the years.   Normally, I can use that shovel to easily throw them up on the rack for transport to the burial site (like I did with a 15-ish pound adult female this morning #10 off this years 3 acres of field corn).  That didn't work with that big "double-wide" boar.  When I used a glove to lift him up by the tail, I was surprised the tail did not pull off under all that weight.  He looked like he had a half bushel of corn in his belly.   If there were not so many bugs on them, I might have tried to get a chest girth measurement for TF.    He may have been closer to 50 than 40, if you included the weight of the bugs.

With your ground venison running low and with your wife’s proclivity to serve it Willy-Nilly I thought you might consider some ground coon...at least 30# of usable product no???

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

With your ground venison running low and with your wife’s proclivity to serve it Willy-Nilly I thought you might consider some ground coon...at least 30# of usable product no???

Definitelty not that one.  He looked kind of old and was loaded with bugs.  Maybe one of the young ones would be worth a try, after a good frost scares off the bugs.  The crock-pot makes anything taste ok.   I have always wanted to try one.   

5 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Definitelty not that one.  He looked kind of old and was loaded with bugs.  Maybe one of the young ones would be worth a try, after a good frost scares off the bugs.  The crock-pot makes anything taste ok.   I have always wanted to try one.   

Wrap it in bacon , smoke it. Eat bacon and toss smoked coon over shoulder

• Like 2
  • Haha 2