I Love Smallies

RTF

I agree RTF... not too many fish (pound-for-pound) fight as much as smallies - they're real scrappers!  The Chemung River here in the southern tier has hundreds of 'em, and is probably the most under-fished river in New York State.

On the other hand, these babies were fun to catch also  ;) :

post-257-131455303234_thumb.jpg

post-257-131455303251_thumb.jpg

post-257-131455303269_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I love smallies too!!! Sweet Old Bill , you better get down to the river as much as you can while the water is low. They are hitting like dynamite right now. Here is one I caught yesterday Aug. 1st in Vestal right where Tracy Creek drains at the end of the airport runway. Put the tape to it from my tackle box and it was 18" oh and caught it on the first cast of the day!!!

downsize.jpg

YES!!!!! The Big ones were caught on Lake Erie...  We Pound them Hard!!!!!  We Have caught over 200 smallies this Year alone!!! Its one of the best smallmouth fisheries in the US... and its in OUR back yard!!!! :)

I am so jealous. You betch ya it is one of the best smallmouth fisheries in the US. That lake can produce the next state record without a doubt.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Caught my personal best this past summer on Keuka Lake while jigging for lakers in 100ft. of water!  The fish hit maybe about 40 ft. down so he was suspended, but definitely caught me by surprise.  Just under 22"

IMG_0782.jpg

Nice deep water smallie!! Did a father son tournament Oct 10 here are a few from our sack.

post-1666-131455363031_thumb.jpg