Arrow selection

rachunter

I picked up a crossbow from billdoggie a few months ago. Finally got around to shooting it. Well one shot thru a bone-collector crossbow target. The arrow passed thru and ripped the fletch’s off. Picked up a bigger target all good now. Anyway I want to get some extra arrows but after looking around last night I’m clueless on which ones to get. Do you guys/gals practice with the same arrows you hunt with? And how do I know which ones I need. I went on the spinal tapp site but couldn’t figure out how to set them up. I would like to get a few for practice and save the tapps for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a lot of crossbows have different style knocks so be sure to get the right ones that match up. I would def practice with the same arrows you use to hunt.  Once its sighted in I have one spare arrow to decock the bow and to use to check sighting.  When i hunt i take the target in the truck so i know after every hunt its still sighted right since i have to shoot it anyway.  And i always shoot at least 20 + yards away to the target so not to damage fletches cause i did the same thing.   Most crossbows come with or have recommended bolts for them ,  i would stick with the same ones. 

• Like 1