This weekend plowed

Well this weekend I plowed under the Brasscia plot area and made it larger. In two weeks I'll go back up to Disc, lime, fertilize harrow and plant half in PT turnips and other half in Sugar Beets. Had hard time this year getting seeds that I wanted from my local Agway so I ordered from a seed co. in IA. Will keep you all posted on how these seeds workout. First time planting sugar beets will let you know how that works out as well.

Good luck with the tunips, I know some seeds are hard to find. You may want to try Frigid Forage. They have a line of seeds that are for colder climates like ours. Have had a lot of good luck with them

Catskillkid

I  ordered the purple top turnips and beets this morning from a seed company in Iowa, I hope it works out. It stinks but my local Away where I get all my seeds from was not able to get me the beets or PT turnips seeds.

How dry is the soil in your area. I plowed and worked ground in June, but won't plant now for a lack of moisture.  We haven't had rain up on the west end of Lake Ontario in weeks. Crops are showing signs of drought. Farmers are in full  irrigation mode.  Hard to believe we were flooding in May.

In Otsego county has been quite the opposite, lots of rain on and off. The ground was nice and moist when I plowed. Hopefully it will stay that way when I get my seeds in the ground.

Have you ever heard of Stokes Seed Company in Buffalo, N.Y.?  That is the company I've used for years. I always buy the grower sizes.  They have a pretty good selection,  even this late.  Order online and shipped right to your door in a few days.  The seed is good quality. The last few years, I have noticed more foreign seed though, which most companies are doing.

Have you ever heard of Stokes Seed Company in Buffalo, N.Y.?  That is the company I've used for years. I always buy the grower sizes.  They have a pretty good selection,  even this late.  Order online and shipped right to your door in a few days.  The seed is good quality. The last few years, I have noticed more foreign seed though, which most companies are doing.

Thanks for the info., I will look them up.