Time of day

Chef

I guess you have to define success.  I have done both and until recently found the night time to be more productive simply for the fact that is when they hunt. I have yet to shoot a coyote in the daytime while calling but have had them walk right past me during deer season.

I have called & shot fox in the daytime, coyotes at night,  and shot coyotes over dogs but have never called one in during the day.

I would have to agree with grampy that daytime could be more fun for a lot of reasons. Up until a couple of years ago night hunting was the only way to go. But now with everybody and their brother owning a caller it's gets more difficult every year day or night and I don't think it makes a big difference when you go.

Hunt when you can and hope for the best. Your success will depend a lot on how much other hunting pressure is in the area.

Edited by Steve D

I've had success with both. Typically, in my experiences yotes are as active during the day as much as they are at night when the rut is on, or if there's a prolonged cold snap or a long front comes in and things let up during the day. Being that yotes aren't in dens this time of year, you are very likely to get them up off the bed during the day.

If I had to choose it would be night. I've had the most success and it's a thrill to have em come in after dark.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk