So this came today

Chef

Check into the DCM Garands..Last I knew you could get a pretty decent one without breaking the bank..

The DCM is now the CMP and yes that. Is a good place to start if you meet the qualifications of purchasing from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they similar to the CMP? Because it is almost impossible to find a CMP club or organization to join in Westchester that isn't full or no info how to join

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Join the garand collectors of America. You pay 40 bucks get a magazine subscription and it counts

• Like 2

I'll have to dig out my Garand bayonet and see what markings are on it...

I have a Jap bayonet that my Dad brought back from WWII, complete with scabbard and frog...That is attached to  my Type 99  Arisaka on display at my Legion post...I had another Jap bayonet that I wish I hadn't parted with..Swapped it for a bayonet and sling for my K98K Mauser...

Ex coworker has one. Fun to shoot. The Ching as the empty mag springs out had to tip off the enemy I’d think 

It did but a lot of soldiers would carry Around a empty clip, bounce it off the gun to make the Germans think they were reloading and then kill them when they showed themselves

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

It did but a lot of soldiers would carry Around a empty clip, bounce it off the gun to make the Germans think they were reloading and then kill them when they showed themselves

That's a myth actually with all the gun fire going off around on a Battlefield it would be pretty much  impossible to know that .

It would  only be possible if you only had 1 or 2 guys firing guns .

But on a Battlefield you have hundreds of guns going off the the noise  would be overwhelming.

Edited by Storm914

5 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Well trained troops could reload in a second or two....I doubt that the PING  had as much effect as some think it did....

You gotta remember that the Germans and the Japs  were both using bolt action rifles that had to be reloaded with 5 round stripper clips...

That's a myth actually with all the gun fire going off around on a Battlefield it would be pretty much  impossible to know that .
It would  only be possible if you only had 1 or 2 guys firing guns .
But on a Battlefield you have hundreds of guns going off the the noise  would be overwhelming.

It’s not a myth, at least not according to my grandfather who carried a M1 from North Africa, through Italy and into Germany, did they do this on the open battlefield. No but I’m urban, house to house fighting 100%

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

It’s not a myth, at least not according to my grandfather who carried a M1 from North Africa, through Italy and into Germany, did they do this on the open battlefield. No but I’m urban, house to house fighting 100%

Myth 

And soldiers fight move  in groups not alone even if    German  here's  bing  and 

German  runs out my body to the left of me shoots him anyway. Everyone's  not going to run out at the same time .

You would  have to only have  2  guys  in the building not likely as they would be clearing the building  in groups .

Edited by Storm914

Myth 
And soldiers fight move  in groups not alone even if    German  here's  bing  and 
German  runs out my body to the left of me shoots him anyway. Everyone's  not going to run out at the same time .
You would  have to only have  2  guys  in the building not likely as they would be clearing the building  in groups .

Cause bloke on the range is the authority on this subject

17 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Cause bloke on the range is the authority on this subject

Those guys read and   write books about this stuff .

I have no reason not to believe them and knowing how loud my 30-06 is when I shoot it , that's telling me they are right you would be half death after firing just a few rounds in a building. 

And if they had ear  plugs on then how could you here the bing of a clip ,  because I can't here  jackshxx when I use hearing protection. And back then I   don't think they used any at all . 

Is it possible it happened once or twice  yea like hitting the lottery .  I think there right no way was that the norm with all the noise of a battlefield bombs ,  machine guns going off all around you.

Edited by Storm914