Mock Scrapes

WNYBuckHunter

Yep. I dont think its really soil, its more like pelletized scent. Ill try to save a little when I go out and freshen the scrapes today so I can take a pic of what it is. When I go out to freshen them, I will probably throw a little scent in all but one, that one Ill take a wiz in and see what happens.

I pulled my cam yesterday and something had gone wrong, it had 1 pic. I am pretty sure the power lost connection somehow, so I went through the cam last night and soldered the wires better. When I pulled the cam, all 5 scrapes had been hit. I took a wiz in two of them. Ill check them again when I take the cam back out after Im done testing it.

Last year I experimented with using a commercial scrape product and just peeing in a scrape. I made two scrapes about 50 yds apart. I Sprayed one with the commercial one and in the other I had my 10 yo son pee in it. I Set up two cameras. When I checked the cameras i couldn't believe it but most of the bucks visited the one with my son's pee. Guess where I placed my stand?  ;)

So, can I give your son a couple liters of Mountain Dew and turn him loose in my hunting area?

Last year I experimented with using a commercial scrape product and just peeing in a scrape. I made two scrapes about 50 yds apart. I Sprayed one with the commercial one and in the other I had my 10 yo son pee in it. I Set up two cameras. When I checked the cameras i couldn't believe it but most of the bucks visited the one with my son's pee. Guess where I placed my stand?  :D

So, can I give your son a couple liters of Mountain Dew and turn him loose in my hunting area?

Sure. I'll start renting him out for a small reasonable fee . . .  :P