Multi shot assault crossbow

Hunter007

16 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

at 12 yrs old i guarantee you she won't be able to pull back a legal 35 lbs easily enough to be what basic archery lessons preach is not over bowed. even if she could 35 lbs it isn't very effective much past 15 yards or so given what arrow weight would be or drop with a heavier arrow. some boys struggle too despite they can get it back. telling a kid yea you can hunt and then making it really hard for them isn't exactly going to make them want to continue.

i understand the reason behind it. Just not sure if it's the right thing to do. I started hunting at 16 despite a family of archers, mostly because I was heavily involved with sports and school and girls. My old man didn't want me to enter the archery woods unless I was prepared and I just didn't have the time. I waited till sophomore year in college to buy my bow. Again, I'm not saying that 12 year old girls shouldn't have the chance to bow hunt, but I'm worried about the xbow being their first experience and how that bodes for the future of archery.

9 minutes ago, Belo said:

i understand the reason behind it. Just not sure if it's the right thing to do. I started hunting at 16 despite a family of archers, mostly because I was heavily involved with sports and school and girls. My old man didn't want me to enter the archery woods unless I was prepared and I just didn't have the time. I waited till sophomore year in college to buy my bow. Again, I'm not saying that 12 year old girls shouldn't have the chance to bow hunt, but I'm worried about the xbow being their first experience and how that bodes for the future of archery.

To me we have it ass backwards in NY. ( I know....hard to believe).  We give the kids the youngest opportunity with the hardest implement. If anything it should be set up to acknowledge the natural profession of skill. Firearm then move on to the more difficult implements. It's stupid the way we have it. At 12 you can bow hunt and can be in a treestand. then you turn 14 and can gun hunt but can't climb into the very same stand you hunted out of for 2 years with your bow. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 4