Guess the dog breed

Doewhacker

So we made it home Friday from our trip to Acadia and then my wife and I piled into the car for a 3 hour ride to Canada to pick up our new puppy. He is named Lucic (pronounced Lou-cheech), after the Bruins player. I finally agreed to get another dog but made the deal that if the Bruins won the cup I would get to name him.  ;D

Can you guess the breed?   

post-37-131455472426_thumb.jpg

Would it be a Puddle pointer or wired haired Griffon. Either way real cute.

Wow two guess's and someone got it, great job guys! He is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon, we got pick of the litter. Not bad considering there was a two year waiting list to get a dog from this litter and I didn't know about the litter until the breeder who is a new buddy told me about it in early June. The woman who is the breeder wants to possibly show him and if he turns out really good, breed him, which would mean he might pay for himself some day.

I can't wait to start training another pup!

Gus is doing great by the way, he had a blast pointing and chasing sea gulls and sea ducks in Maine, that was real funny to watch, haha.