What's the one thing you don't want to do while bow hunting?

First-light

I've made every mistake you can think of. Not proud of it but willing to admit it. I once drove 2.5 hours (Left at 3:00AM) got my gear out of the car and realized that I left my quiver with my arrows at home! Good thing I don't carry another weapon or I think i would have done myself in!

I had a buddy who when he returned from hunting he put his bow arrows on top of the roof of the car to have his hand free to open up the car and then jumped in and took off. He traved about a hour plus to his home and found at that time his bow was missing. He was lucky as he drove right back and the bow was not damaged or taken it was on the dirt road he had been hunting from.

I sat in a hand made stand one year and in the rain and wind. I got ready to go down to meet my buddy and turned to pull up the rope. I then saw a 4 point buck about 20 yards in back of the stand eating apples. I put a arrow in the bow and drew and released the arrow. The bottom limb hit the stand seat, missed the deer, broke the 3 week old new bow bottom limb. Some days it may be best to stay at home.

I sat in a hand made stand one year and in the rain and wind. I got ready to go down to meet my buddy and turned to pull up the rope. I then saw a 4 point buck about 20 yards in back of the stand eating apples. I put a arrow in the bow and drew and released the arrow. The bottom limb hit the stand seat, missed the deer, broke the 3 week old new bow bottom limb. Some days it may be best to stay at home.

LOL ..... I've had days like that! :mosking:

I will never forget this.

My first trip out bowhunting ever. It was Oct. 1st, 65 degrees at first light and climbing. I carried my climbers stand and all my gear for about 3/4 of a mile. I was hot, I was sweating profusely, and swatting mosquitoes like crazy. I climbed the tree got all settled in and it hit me...... no release. ARGGGG!

So I climb back down during prime first light. Walk all the way back to the truck to find my release on the seat. Walk all the way back and I re-climb the tree. I am now even hotter and sweattier. The mosquitoes had a field day with me. It was not pretty.

I will NEVER leave without a back-up release in my pack again.

Edited by RangerClay

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is complete SH*T. Hahaha. Sorry I couldnt help myself. But i would agree with some of you, the loud cough that takes care of that tickle in your throat. So you try to bury your head in your coat but then you realize your making alot of un needed movement and if you just cough it would be better then trying to move around and cover it,