Bashakill WMA

samcolt87

Hello everyone!

New to the forum, and new to hunting (tried for small game last year in sterling.) I purchased my licenses yesterday, including a DMP in 3M. I have been doing some research on places to hunt in this area and found Bashakill WMA. Has anyone hunted in the WMA? If so, What are the deer like? Can I hunt with a rifle here during the regular season, (or is it shotgun/muzzleloader only?) 

Finally, are there any other places in 3M that you would recomend to a newbie?

I also plan to hunt sterling during muzzleloader season

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the replies! Seems like a good bunch of people on this forum. Toruk, I did a hike thru sterling yesterday. Saw a couple of does crossing the street by the northern section of the park, didn't see any bucks though. Do you hunt muzzleloader? Karpteach, is Bashakill usually crowded during the week? and is rifle hunting allowed?

Thanks!

Toruk, I did a hike thru sterling yesterday. Saw a couple of does crossing the street by the northern section of the park, didn't see any bucks though. Do you hunt muzzleloader?

Sam,

Haven't made it out to Sterling all summer.  I don't hunt muzzleloader.  Just regular rifle/shotgun.  If things go well (meaning money to buy a bow and get some range time in), I might try bowhunting this year but I don't plan on it.  Odds are, bowhunting for me won't start till next year.