My Camo Ladder Stands

nybuckboy

Here are some pics of how I camo my ladder stands. I use a gray and brown spray primer (cheap kind) cause it is flat not glossy. First I lightly spray over the ridiculous black the stand comes in with the gray primer and then I just over spray the brown. Notice in the one pic in the shade how well it blends in. I also whack down some saplings about 3/4 to 1 inch thick at the bottom and zip tie to the side of the stands to break it up even more.

post-1046-131455479893_thumb.jpg

post-1046-131455480152_thumb.jpg

post-1046-131455480175_thumb.jpg

post-1046-131455480189_thumb.jpg

Deer see shades of colors, like dogs, horses, etc., therefore breaking up those 2 heavy dark vertical lines and numerous short horizontal lines with varying shades has got to be less conspicuative. After all, why do we wear color camo clothes when we hunt?

If I had taken pics of the ladder stand before I sprayed you could really have seen how they stood out against the tree.

I have a few of those ladder stands, so I know how they look in the woods. The deer get used to them being there as long as you leave them there. They have no idea of what they are.

Agree... I leave mine up all year round. I do think the camo breakup is probably more beneficial the first year and it also may hide better from other hunters unless they walk right by them.