bow shot placement for turkeys

Robhuntandfish

I would too if I could ever get to full draw on one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You cant full draw on one? They are literally the dumbest animals in the woods! I've killed like 4 or 5 hens in the fall especially when you were able to double up on birds. Shoot one it goes crazy the flock moves a little then pop there goes a second. Always delicious but gutting a turkey is definitely some smelly stuff.. gross!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

You cant full draw on one? They are literally the dumbest animals in the woods! I've killed like 4 or 5 hens in the fall especially when you were able to double up on birds. Shoot one it goes crazy the flock moves a little then pop there goes a second. Always delicious but gutting a turkey is definitely some smelly stuff.. gross!

In the fall they're pretty stupid in my expereince, but will move into thicker stuff when they see you get to full draw

In the fall they're pretty stupid in my expereince, but will move into thicker stuff when they see you get to full draw
That's why you gotta go high. Those fools never think that someone will reign death from above. I've literally missed and clipped tail feathers then got a second shot on the same dumb bird

Just now, The Jerkman said:

That's why you gotta go high. Those fools never think that someone will reign death from above. I've literally missed and clipped tail feathers then got a second shot on the same dumb bird

Thats actually when I get busted by them. I have taken 2 from the stand, but they're more likely to run away into thicker stuff when they bust me in the tree. On the ground I usually get some type of shot easier

Thats actually when I get busted by them. I have taken 2 from the stand, but they're more likely to run away into thicker stuff when they bust me in the tree. On the ground I usually get some type of shot easier
Very interesting. Maybe I just have a flock of buffoons. I must have killed all the smart ones ages ago or really the owner of the property probably killed off the smart ones years ago leaving only the dumb ones to reproduce

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Very interesting. Maybe I just have a flock of buffoons. I must have killed all the smart ones ages ago or really the owner of the property probably killed off the smart ones years ago leaving only the dumb ones to reproduce

Who knows. Maybe it was just me being dumb that got me caught lol 

22 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I thought only 1 turkey allowed in the Fall. 2 in the spring?

I would take a turkey while bow hunting if I ever get the opportunity. I had 12 of them around me on 10/13. None this past weekend and I'm going on a wild prediction that I won't see any this weekend either but will then be  covered up in them the following weekend.

3 hours ago, ApexerER said:

I would take a turkey while bow hunting if I ever get the opportunity. I had 12 of them around me on 10/13. None this past weekend and I'm going on a wild prediction that I won't see any this weekend either but will then be  covered up in them the following weekend.

that is what usually happens to me as well. The minute season ends they walk all over me.   Although last season that might have saved me.  Had 7 within 15 yards and they wandered off and shot my buck right after.  

• Like 2