Hunting Jackets and Pants

RobC

I'm looking to update my hunting wardrobe but not sure what to get. I don't really want to pay 300 bucks a piece for jacket and pants if i don't need to. Just wondering what you guys use or what you've been wanting. I'm looking for something to use early season (bow) into late season. I see a lot of ads for scent blocker and kinda like the Scent Blocker Bone Collector Mack Daddy set up but like I said I don't want to pay 300 a piece but I'd like to stay warm and dry too. Anyways what are you guys using?

I have a Scent Lok jacket and pants that I use for early season and then put layers under it as the season moves on. Once the temps get to a certain point, I have a Predator insulated jacket and overalls that I switch to. Id like to replace my early season stuff with Predator gear, as I dont like the Realtree or Mossy Oak camo, as it makes me look like a big dark blob in the tree instead of breaking up my outline. The predator stuff is really nice and I know a guy on Archerytalk that has great prices on it if you are interested.

http://www.predatorcamo.com/

Does that scent lock stuff really work? :O

I'll pass and take my chances on the wind.  Get some lighter weight wool gear, layer it up when it gets colder.

For the really cold weather, multiple layers (of merino wool or similar) under that wool will work just fine when bow hunting unless your sitting all day then some down goodies could help.

Get some lighter weight wool gear, layer it up when it gets colder.

For the really cold weather, multiple layers (of merino wool or similar) under that wool will work just fine when bow hunting unless your sitting all day then some down goodies could help.

What he said

Does that scent lock stuff really work? :O

I'll pass and take my chances on the wind.  Get some lighter weight wool gear, layer it up when it gets colder.

I think it helps, but no matter what you do, you are going to have some scent. The soaps and clothes just reduce your scent. I only bought mine because I got the whole outfit on sale for less than $75 a couple of years ago.