How to do a drag rag?

goosifer

I'd like to try this as the wind direction probably won't be conducive to using the scent hangers.

I understand the basic concept, and I could certainly google the topic, but I thought I might find some members who would share how they do it. How much doe urine? On what? How long of a drag? For example, one ounce of urine on an old cotton hankerchief dragged 25 yards away from your stand in both directions? Start by the stand or farthest spot away? Thanks.

I like to drag the scent rag from a fairly long distance across a few scrapes and then past where I have a good shooting lane. I’ll hang the rag in a spot where a buck might stop to smell it. Importantly, hang it in a spot where the buck will be looking away from you rather than at you. I also go twenty yards or so past where I’m hanging it and then back to where I’m hanging.

its another tool in the bag and makes for a more fun hunt when it works, which is not always, like any technique. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be hunting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1