Disc Harrow recommendations.

I am looking for some recommendations for a disc harrow.

Currently the one i used this year was older than dirt, was a pull behind type (not liftable / no 3 pt attachment) but due to being rusty and old it made the most awful ear piercing screeching / squeaking when it was pull from 2 discs rubbing tgether...but considering it was free i cant complain too much.

Although it worked fine the problem is for my to get it from pllot to plot takes hours because of having it to pull it very slowly down logging roads.

Therefore i am looking for a recommendation as to a new disc for next year to speed up my ploting efforts.

Im up in Chenango County and know there are a few Tractor Supply companies around and i know they stock king kutter discs (an angle iron from and a tube bow steel frame which is heavier)

Considering i am only going to be discing maybe 2 acres in total spread out over 3 or 4 plots does anyone have any recommendations.

Oh it going to pulled behind a cub cadet 32 horse tractor

king kutter are not heavy enough.and do not allow any float. in their 3 pt attachment. try looking for an equipment auction, or farm tractor dealer. i picked up a very good dearborn 8' 3pt disc for 700$ made inthe 50's. i pull with a 35 hp tractor. or you could look into a small trailer for your current disc... grease does wonders you might need to replace some grease fittings. In general drag or trailer types do a much better job than 3pt. Howse makes a decent 3pt 6' disk. what you want more than anything is weight! Ability to change angle of gang is nice to let you pick how deep or agressive you want them to be. here is a site you can compare king kutter and howse. i recomend you get a disc that is at least as wide as your tractor wheels if not wider. as you can see a 5'howes is 100lbs heavier than a 5' king kutter.the 6' howse would be my choice as rear gang can float..but check your tractors 3 point lift capacity for weight..(depends on model and year) as to not get a disc that it can'

t lift!!

. http://www.northernt...matchallpartial

Edited by G-Man