new trail cam pics (first good ones of the year)

moose

Just getting back on my feet after knee surgery. Finally able to get out into the woods and put out some cameras. Here are some pics from 2 different cameras about a 1/2 mile apart. Some nice bucks to get excited about, but the coyotes worry me that they'll scare them off.

post-935-0-88420900-1315352524_thumb.jpg

post-935-0-49698500-1315352593_thumb.jpg

post-935-0-54616300-1315352851_thumb.jpg

post-935-0-75945700-1315352881_thumb.jpg

A neighboring camp to mine has had pics of yotes on his cams and it has not effected the "resident" deer in the immediate area. I will have to check and see if the fawns are still around though. The last I knew,they were ok.

EDIT: BTW....happy belated Bday!

Edited by Single_shot

I often wonder if the coyotes can break up deer patterns, and also make them more "spooky" than they otherwise would be. It seems possible that even if they are having no significant impact on the number of deer, they still might be a pain when it comes to deer hunting. I haven't seen a whole lot written on exactly how coyotes and deer interact. I have heard stories of coyotes crossing fields that have deer feeding in them and neither critter paying any attention to the other.......so, I don't know.