tuning issues persist with the drop away rest......

eagle rider

So I am still getting slightly high tears on paper, a slight left tail on the arrows in the target but not on paper and the arrow is hitting the riser shelf all with the NAP Apache. Funny how I had none of these problems with the Whisker Bisquet and I only gained 5 FPS with the drop away. Any thoughts here because I'm about ready to switch back to the bisquet.

I had a bisquit on my last bow, and on my new bow as well. I have noticed much more drag on my fletches with my new bow than with my last. Not too sure whats the deal with that, but I may switch out to a drop away after this season. Aside from that, I still like the bisquit. Been eyeballing the QAD, and the Ripcord as replacements.

the theory behind drop aways is minimal arrow contact, as soon as you release, the arrow is sent on a straight path, with a drop away you have negative effects with any poor follow through. with a whisker biscuit your shooting fundamentals ,proper shot follow through, are a must because any variance or movement will be translated to the arrow.

shot follow through; holding your bow on target (as though you were still aiming) until your target is hit

If you can get your bow tuned and adjust to the difference, i think you will enjoy the drop away, however this close to season, you may want to stick with what you know and trust. maybe hold off to post season to start using new tackle. my .02 on it, and with inflation, its not worth much :P

Love the QAD. When i bought my new Hoyt last year i let the shop guy talk me into the Rip-Cord but after a week of problems i made him swap it for the QAD hd. Like someone said earlier, get the drop timed right and maybe a few micro adjustments for your particular shooting style and set up and you'll be shooting bullet holes in no time.. Lots of people love the simplicity of the biscuit.