String Loops

Deleted Account

On 1/7/2020 at 11:21 AM, Splitear_Leland said:

I think you're right, when you think about it, the arrow is not being drawn any further by adding a string loop, you're just changing the anchor. I guess my concern is just getting the best form I can with what I have.

if a shop is setting you up then you're at the mercy of how the tech does things. still he should have you draw with loop or whatever's needed installed. he'll have you come to a blind anchor that feels repeatable/comfortable. he/she would check that your elbow is positioned right with the portion of your arm between wrist and elbow being inline with the arrow.

with long loops to eliminate release and nock pinch they can tie what's called soft nock sets on to give you a nocking point. the soft nock of tied with BCY nock thread can be made longer by tieing knots on alternating sides to work down the serving.  it'll kind of look like short section of serving over the normal serving. then your Dloop attaches to the string above and below that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, Splitear_Leland said:

Thanks for the advice everyone. Funny turn of events, but I'm actually going to pick up an old Bowtech Allegiance on Saturday, 29 1/2" draw with a loop. Should be close, but I'll take it to my local guy who is a Bowtech dealer and have him help me set it up.

How did you make out with the bow tech? 

3 minutes ago, rob-c said:

How did you make out with the bow tech? 

I love it, it anchors just like my old High Country, so not really a big adjustment on form for me. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for asking.

I've kind of gotten into my head with it a little bit though. Bowtech has the timing dots on the cams, and mine is off by one dot from the factory specs. It shoots fine, but I'll probably be taking it in to get that corrected at some point.

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1