looking for GOEX BLACK POWDER

papabear

I love black powder for its sure ignition, but have you tried 777? Amazing. Simplest clean up, much more forgiving than black powder(well, totally forgiving!), and none of the bad habits of pyrodex. I switched about 5 years ago and never looked back.

• 2 weeks later...

if papabear is shooting patched roundball blackpowder is the way to go

Blackhorn 209 is made for guns that have certain styled breech plugs and 209 primers for ignition.

Real black powder can be ordered through Graf's or Powder inc in 5-25 pound lots. Dont worry if you dont use it right away it has no shelf life if stored properly.

It is THE powder for shooting patch round ball.  Others do work but if you go to the national muzzleoading championships in Friendship Ind. The best muzzleloaders in country use real black in competition.

There are so many misconceptions about real black powder many get steered away from it.

Ive use it with great success in many inlines and it produced great accuracy.

Yes its dirtier than Pyrodex and 777. But believe it or not Pyrodex is much more corrosive.

Nothing else but room temperature water is needed for cleanup.

For a rifle with #11 cap ignition real black is the way to go if you havent tried it. It has a much lower ignition temp.

Ive used 777 out of my hawken rifles and it worked but not as well as real black powder.

I use the 777 and blackhorn 209 in my inlines most of the time