Wow....NYOut door news came today

growalot

Yep, the Utah permit is on my list of things to do in the next year.

I got my PA License two weeks ago.  It bothers me that I can get a conceal carry there with no problem and not here in NY because you have to show sufficient need.  And besides, in Nassau / Suffolk  / Westchester your permit is only good for 5 years and not for life, the fee's are outrageous as well. Maybe these new lawsuits will change this.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we are talking guns and the lws differ between states. and a cdl is a federal license.  They are controlled by the feds so you cant ge tone from a different state and keep driving hence federal control

I was using drivers licenses as an example. I never said CDLs, I know those are different. And we are talking handgun laws, not all guns.

well that was h ow the federally recognized drivers license came about. Yeah you can drive in any state with a ny license, but you have to obey their laws.  It would be the same with a handgun as the laws vary.  For instance in texas yu need to have your gun visible. In ny yu cany have i tvisible with a concel carry permit.  I twould be very easy to get messed up. Last thing I need is a gun law offense

Yep, the Utah permit is on my list of things to do in the next year.

I got my PA License two weeks ago.  It bothers me that I can get a conceal carry there with no problem and not here in NY because you have to show sufficient need.  And besides, in Nassau / Suffolk  / Westchester your permit is only good for 5 years and not for life, the fee's are outrageous as well. Maybe these new lawsuits will change this.

I agree John, it is bothersome to me that the permits are not "until revoked" everywhere in NY like they are up here. The fees arent bad at all here either, under $200 and you dont have to ever renew it.

well  that was h ow the federally recognized drivers license came about. Yeah  you can drive in any state with a ny license, but you have to obey  their laws.  It would be the same with a handgun as the laws vary.  For  instance in texas yu need to have your gun visible. In ny yu cany have i  tvisible with a concel carry permit.  I twould be very easy to get  messed up. Last thing I need is a gun law offense

That sounds a hell of alot better than the way it is now though, doesnt it? If you are going to go through another state, be aware of their laws, its not that hard.

when I go tmy permit it was 17 bucks in my county. Now you have to pay over 200 to get the papers and have a a limited amount of time to get them filled out and returned or you pay again. Mine took three weeks to the day to get. Now look at the process.  You dont think that is a step in the wrong direction?

I think I can travel to another state with a shotgun if I think i need to protect myself. As stated earlier it is a much more effective weapon and can be carried in any state.  I was a truck driver many years ago and I never felt the need to carry to travel. I odnt look at a gun as a matter of protection, they are a matter of enjoyment hunting, shooting and lastly pritection if needed. I own a lousiville slugger that works well for that. 

when I go tmy permit it was 17 bucks in my county. Now you have to pay over 200 to get the papers and have a a limited amount of time to get them filled out and returned or you pay again. Mine took three weeks to the day to get. Now look at the process.  You dont think that is a step in the wrong direction?

I said I dont agree with the way things are downstate. Up here though, the process I went through and the way my permit doesnt have to ever be renewed is fine. $200 really isnt that much in the grand scheme of life. If you can afford a handgun, you can afford $200 for the one time permit fee. If you dont send the papers in when you know theres a time limit, its your own fault.

I think I can travel to another state with a shotgun if I think i need to protect myself. As stated earlier it is a much more effective weapon and can be carried in any state.  I was a truck driver many years ago and I never felt the need to carry to travel. I odnt look at a gun as a matter of protection, they are a matter of enjoyment hunting, shooting and lastly pritection if needed. I own a lousiville slugger that works well for that.

Yep, you can carry a shotgun over state lines, but youd better be aware of that next state's regulations regarding how you can posess it in your car, etc. Just like handguns should be with a nationally recognized permit.

See, I dont like to bring a bat to a gunfight, I like to bring a gun to a bat fight lol. I always want the advantage when it comes to defending myself.

before you see anationally recignized permit, you will see handguns outlawed.  as I said one vote from that on the supreme court. Now there is another flaming lib there. One more needs replacing in the next 2 years, we are screwed

within 5 years it will not be aone time fee trust me. It willbe a renew fee and a background check every 5 years at the most.

I doubt that. But lets play devil's advocate. You do have to renew your drivers license, and an instant background check wouldnt be the end of the world. Now a 9 month check process each time its renewed, no way.

before you see anationally recignized permit, you will see handguns outlawed.  as I said one vote from that on the supreme court. Now there is another flaming lib there. One more needs replacing in the next 2 years, we are screwed

LOL, do you actually think the Dems will be in power by then? Even alot of the people that voted that "Obomination" into office are regretting it.

we have two more years of it. I do not think the conservatives will fare as well as everyone thinks in the fall. The libs still have a card or two up their sleeves to play before elections.  So in short yes I think the dems will still be in power in 2 years. Let there be one more justice replaced before then, and see what happens.  Congress has nothing to do with what the supreme court does, or their rulings, other than try to block a nomination. Th epresident apponts a justice and we have two more years of him regardless. 

within 5 years it will not be aone time fee trust me. It willbe a renew fee and a background check every 5 years at the most.

I doubt that. But lets play devil's advocate. You do have to renew your drivers license, and an instant background check wouldnt be the end of the world. Now a 9 month check process each time its renewed, no way.

would you care to make a wager? With the monetry problems in this state and another dem governr to be elected, it will happen say a couple hundred every 5 years, and if you have  atraffic ticket, it could jeopardize it.

would you care to make a wager? With the monetry problems in this state and another dem governr to be elected, it will happen say a couple hundred every 5 years, and if you have  atraffic ticket, it could jeopardize it.

LOL, with the time frame we would be looking at for a bet on that to be worth a damn, we probably wont be able to make good on the bet anyhow. Traffic tickets now? Thats just ridiculous and wont happen. No offense, but have you ever seen a UFO?

Well, I have never heard of that stuff going on up here, its downstate BS. Id like to see some articles on things like that, those people may have some cases that the NRA would love to know about.

My head is not in the sand, not by a long shot. I stay abreast of politics and gun laws. I see what is going on, but I dont get paranoid about things either. I dont look at things from a Republican/Democrat point of view.

I am far form pranoid, but I am a realist. I have no party affiliation at all. I see the writing on the wall. If the house and senate do not turn around this fall the next agenda will be guns.  Th emore control we give then. the more power we lose.