Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

I did the same thing, switched guns, and missed again...i admit im not a gun guy, but that was rediculous

Well i know it wasn't me, no flinch, no trigger yank, no buck fever, I was locked on him.... I can count all my misses on 2 fingers, him being number 2. I'm gonna shoot a couple times today, if my groups are tight and center, then i get mad at me, not yet !

It's late season so I'll clog up some forum space with a story.... This buck I missed... Well, I named him lucky. Bad decision. I came on him in shotgun season bedded when I had already gotten my buck, I called my dad who lived close, he came, we stalked to 175, he shot, he missed. I was in a stand a few days later and guess who walks under me, Yup, lucky. Ugh. So i have made the 45 min drive ALOT since muzzle opened and haven't seen anything but 1.5 yr olds. Last night a herd came running my way and stopped about 75 yrds, does, scrubs, a big guy with only his right beam, and finally I see lucky.... Locked on him, shot, he stood there for 15 seconds, then walked off with his pals. My father and i decided to change his name to DEAD, hoping it changes the odds. I'll be back in that stand, hoping this big guy shows himself yet again. I will NOT miss twice !

It's late season so I'll clog up some forum space with a story.... This buck I missed... Well, I named him lucky. Bad decision. I came on him in shotgun season bedded when I had already gotten my buck, I called my dad who lived close, he came, we stalked to 175, he shot, he missed. I was in a stand a few days later and guess who walks under me, Yup, lucky. Ugh. So i have made the 45 min drive ALOT since muzzle opened and haven't seen anything but 1.5 yr olds. Last night a herd came running my way and stopped about 75 yrds, does, scrubs, a big guy with only his right beam, and finally I see lucky.... Locked on him, shot, he stood there for 15 seconds, then walked off with his pals. My father and i decided to change his name to DEAD, hoping it changes the odds. I'll be back in that stand, hoping this big guy shows himself yet again. I will NOT miss twice !

Like someone else said on this site there are no chip shots in deer hunting, s--t happens, and that is true.

Well, I decided to do some walking, so I got out of my stand at my dads and came back down to the farm. Walked probably 2 miles total and didnt see a damn thing. Found a couple of great looking spots for next year though. Looks like the wind is dying down a bit, so I might head back up to my dads for the evening sit, but theres a 50/50 chance Im done for the year.

My blood is boiling. My lease was pushed between yesterday afternoon and this morning. So pissed....we were just here yesterday morning. Place is posted to no end too. Talk about a sinking feeling having to hunt here this afternoon on last day out.

Just dropped a nice doe with my new Savage smokeless. That load has been in there since the 1st day of ML season. I've hunted in the pouring rain in the meantime. No prob Bob.

Phade- that really sucks. I know the feeling and I don't have a good solution.