Opening weekend LI

mbucks27

Well with out being there and seeing what you saw there is no way to tell what type hit it was. There are far to many variables to even try to guess, but I will any way. It is very possible that you hit just plain old muscle like the hollow spot under the back or a front leg. These hits will produce good blood and might even have bubbles from all of the oxygen in the blood. Liver and gut will be nmistakeable from the foul odor and gritty texture, lung will be a brighter shade of red and you would see a spray spatter pattern, heart shots will give you a red carpet effect.

Now for my questions, what direction was he facing when you shot, right to left or left to right?

are you lefty or righty?

Did you tune your broadheads out to 30 yards 100%?

What was the smell of the arrow when you found it?

How far did you track it approximately?

If you have already answered any of these I appologize, I didnt read the whole thread.

There will be a lesson for you in this if you find him or not, trust me, there is always a lesson. Pay attention to every detail of the track you can for refference on future track jobs.

If you were closer I would absolutely be there for a track job with my dad and brother in tow, my old man can track a wounded deer like no one else I know and yes I am braggin and yes he can back it up.

Hate to say it but LI is a pretty populated area, maybe someone found it? (maybe some crazy animal lover found it and is nursing it back to health! lol) Sure is tough luck, don't give up, one more piece of advice-look in the the places now that you would never of thought he would of went. Good luck.

Hate to say it but LI is a pretty populated area, maybe someone found it? (maybe some crazy animal lover found it and is nursing it back to health! lol) Sure is tough luck, don't give up, one more piece of advice-look in the the places now that you would never of thought he would of went. Good luck.

yeah the obvious ones.... prob walked right passed him.. lol