Hello

darkvibe

Hi. I'm Jeff, 32, mechanical engineer from Rochester. I mostly hunt in northern Oneida County where I grew up and my parents still live. I got away from hunting while I was in college but have started to get back into it over the last few years.

I've been into target shooting more than hunting for the last several years. Defensive pistol, defensive/combative carbine and precision (F-class) rifle.

I've hunted spring turkey for the past 3 years without any success. I grew up hunting grey squirrel from the time I was 12 or 13 until college and have gone a few times since then. A few weeks ago I went on my first goose hunt and I'm hooked so I'm gathering all of the stuff I need to do that on my own.

Look forward to learning on the forums.

where do you goose hunt? I am familiar w/ that area, went to SUNY Alfred and have many friends in the area. I waterfowl on Long Island it's pretty decent, but wouldn't mind checking out some new places

I goose hunted a lake near Fulton. A friend took me to his spot. I have a small spot to hunt on my own near Rome, NY with some fields. Rome is a long way from Alfred. I do to go SUNY Alfred for work a lot though.

Welcome...another roclife member, eh?

Yep, among the other way too many forum I'm on.