Heater Body Suit...do they work?

I saw all three of the suit type products at the Harrisburg show this year...one thing is for sure, I rarely hear of complaints about the HBS, other than it takes some getting used to in the donning the duds department. Once on, people say it's great.

I was personally not impressed with the warmbag as the material was noisey and the zipper was not as easily zipped down.

The IWOM suit actually looked the easiest to use but I don't think it'd be near as warm as the HBS....could be wrong. I was all set to by the HBS at the show and then after seeing the IWOM, I waffled and held off altogether. Hopefully I can make up my mind one of these days and just get one.

I saw all three of the suit type products at the Harrisburg show this year...one thing is for sure, I rarely hear of complaints about the HBS, other than it takes some getting used to in the donning the duds department. Once on, people say it's great.

I was personally not impressed with the warmbag as the material was noisey and the zipper was not as easily zipped down.

The IWOM suit actually looked the easiest to use but I don't think it'd be near as warm as the HBS....could be wrong. I was all set to by the HBS at the show and then after seeing the IWOM, I waffled and held off altogether. Hopefully I can make up my mind one of these days and just get one.

I've read in a few forums that the HBS way ahead of the WarmBag or other similar concepts. True, it takes a bit getting use to, but then again - all hunting gear does. I have yet to be able to find hunting clothes/gear that can keep me in a stand all day long, during those December hunts, when it gets down to 10-15 degrees (if not colder with the wind chill) when the deer are up and moving, looking for food.

If you are looking to.get some warm gear for late season I highly recommend the arctic shield line. Take it from me, I hate having to.get down cause I'm cold. And trust me, I am always cold ! Did a ton of research last year and almost got the HBS but I ended up getting the arctic shield h7 series jacket and bibs. For the first time in my hunting career I was able to stay in the stand long as I wanted no matter the temp. it is defiantly worth the money. I only have 2 complaints though, the camo colors are very light due to the suede like outer shell. Also that same suede seems to me like I could tear it if I got into some briars. Other than that it has Def impressed me ! Check pit their site and see for yourself

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BuckSteady
      New hunter to NY here. Found some public land to hunt, it’s a WMA. I wish I read the regs more thoroughly because I threw up a ladder stand yesterday and today when I was re-reading them, I saw you can’t put temporary stands on WMAs, only on state forests and other such state land. I honestly didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to, I even put my name and license # on the stand. I was going to go take it down tomorrow but it’s an hour drive so I wanted to ask, what do DEC officers do if they find a ladderstand like mine on a WMA? Is this an automatic fine or whatever? Will they just call me and tell me to come get it? Confiscate? How often do officers go through areas like WMAs and check for stands? Any info would be helpful. I’ll still probably go take it down tomorrow, although I have seen other stands up on the WMA, I just prefer to stay on the right side of the law myself. Thanks!
    • By goosifer
      I would like people's thoughts on this. As far as safety (fall arrest) harnesses go, and specifically the part that loops around the tree trunk (cal it the "tree belt"), does the tree belt stay attached to the tree with the stand or stay with the harness on the hunter? I have eight treestands on my property. I hunt it along with a handful of hunting buddies. One buddy who helped me set up a treestand installed the tree belt with a large heavy duty steel carabiner on it. That way, you just have to take the loop at the end of the tether on the harness and clip it in. Convenient, I admit. It has been suggested to me to set up all the stands that way. My thought is that the tree belt should stay with the harness and the hunter, and each time the hunter gets in the stand, he or she is responsible for properly securing their harness to the tree belt (just loop the belt through the loop at the end of the tether first, and then secure it around the tree, that way no carabiner is needed).My thought it I would never want to trust my safety to a belt loop I hadn't installed myself. Also, if you are going to use carabiners, they need to be to climbing specs. If I'm not familiar with the specs of the carabiner, I wouldn't trust it. Lastly, being the landowner, I worry that if someone were to fall and the belt loop that was up there was not secured properly, there could be liability implications. So what do you think, does the tree belt stay with the tree or with the hunter?
    • By Nozzle23
      Hey all, total newbie here. I am going hunting  for the first time and was wondering what people usually bring up the tree stand with them. I was thinking Water, Some sort of food source as I will be in the stand for a long time ,Grunt tube, Antlers,small first aid kit, range finder, binoculars. I will be hunting in northern westchester and upstate in the Andes area. Is there anything I'm missing? I appreciate all responses
    • By Nozzle23
      Hey all, total newbie here. I am going hunting  for the first time and was wondering what people usually bring up the tree stand with them. I was thinking Water, Some sort of food source as I will be in the stand for a long time ,Grunt tube, Antlers,small first aid kit, range finder, binoculars. I will be hunting in northern westchester and upstate in the Andes area. Is there anything I'm missing? I appreciate all responses
    • By Rebel Darling
      Does anyone frequently use, or have frequent experience with screw-in steps to get up trees and set stands?  I'm curious to know if you have a best method to determine how many steps you'll need, how far to space them, and how to position them on a tree so that they make for easy step-downs onto a tree stand.  I had one hell of a time on Saturday setting up a stand, and it took way longer than I had wanted to be at the location.
      I used a small piece of PVC to help with turning the step, and pre-drilled for ease of turning...