Al Bundy

Strutting Tom this morning

Recommended Posts

A nice edible Tom was strutting his stuff in front of two ladies this morning in my field.   I glassed them all and saw a beard. The ladies didn’t seem into him quite yet.  He was puffing out his feathers and looked to be working hard for their affections. I’m looking forward to turkey dinner.!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been practicing  on the turkey calls that bill gave me . No turkeys have come to my yard yet . But the chickens think it is cool

20200326_160238.jpg

Edited by cynthiafu
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

I have been practicing  on the turkey calls that bill gave me . No turkeys have come to my yard yet . But the chickens think it is cool

20200326_160238.jpg

Great Cynthia. Keep up the Practice.  Let me know the days you can hunt in May and, I will Help you out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Great Cynthia. Keep up the Practice.  Let me know the days you can hunt in May and, I will Help you out.

I am out of work till may 6 so we are good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might not do any calling. I may just sit quiet and let them walk to me. Not real large property here. This morning they moved along at a fair pace. We’ll see how it goes. The temps here are cold. Light dusting of snow on the ground this morning but melted already. If this keeps,up, the black flies and skeeters will not be out for season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I might not do any calling. I may just sit quiet and let them walk to me. Not real large property here. This morning they moved along at a fair pace. We’ll see how it goes. The temps here are cold. Light dusting of snow on the ground this morning but melted already. If this keeps,up, the black flies and skeeters will not be out for season.

Sometimes the best call is no call at all.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

I have been practicing  on the turkey calls that bill gave me . No turkeys have come to my yard yet . But the chickens think it is cool

20200326_160238.jpg

They prolly think its sexy like a british accent 

  • Haha 1

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.