Summit Razor making noise

NY Region 3 Trapper

I have the Summit Blade climber and it makes a noise. First thought it was something with the seat but I think its the platform. When I go to stand up it makes the noise. The noise seems to come from the back area. Its hard to describe but it sounds like a stretching type noise. The screw seems tight enough. Once I'm standing and I move it doesn't do it. Is this common to climbers. Basically, If I can hear it so with the deer. This is my first tree stand so I don't know much about them. Any Suggestions?

Edited by osbourne

I've had a few different climbers over the years and have found that all of them make at least some noise. If the noise occurs when you stand up, it's probably due to the tension on the cable that attaches the platform to the tree. When you're sitting, try to keep some of your weight on the platform instead of having it all on the seat.

I have had the cables/straps do it on very smooth bark trees too. that initial loading when you stand sqeaks as the rubber moves slightly over the smooth bark. If it is a very new stand I have taken very fine sand paper and take the factory smooth mill finish off the rubber cable. It stopped it for me but it was long ago and they were the big flat straps.