Unemployment Application???

halfnelson

You guys can thank Gov. Andy for this crap.  We've lost 25% of the state work force with less than 5% hiring or filling of positions in that timespan.  And don't worry!  It's going to get way, way worse in the next 2 - 4 years with another 40% of the work force eligible for retirement.  DoL guys are working their asses off trying to keep up.  They've leveraged all sorts of other agencies personnel to try keep up with it.  The infrastructure is/was outdated and I'm sure they are paying through the nose for outside "consultants" to slap duct tape on the system.  They've brought in over 3000 non state employees to help in the call center in the past 2 weeks (I know this first hand).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

You guys can thank Gov. Andy for this crap.  We've lost 25% of the state work force with less than 5% hiring or filling of positions in that timespan.  And don't worry!  It's going to get way, way worse in the next 2 - 4 years with another 40% of the work force eligible for retirement.  DoL guys are working their asses off trying to keep up.  They've leveraged all sorts of other agencies personnel to try keep up with it.  The infrastructure is/was outdated and I'm sure they are paying through the nose for outside "consultants" to slap duct tape on the system.  They've brought in over 3000 non state employees to help in the call center in the past 2 weeks (I know this first hand).

The governor was more concerned with building a fancy bridge to put his dads name on ,or lining up the lawyers to pay with tax dollars to harass the NRA . 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Also before anybody says it : Yes, we needed the work force reduction.  BUT!  The problem is, the deadwood aren't the people retiring.  The hard working, intelligent, efficient individuals are the ones who've had enough of this crap of watching other people just barely toe the line enough to not get fired are the ones bailing as soon as they have their 30 in.  The people (I'd say 15%?) who are goddamned useless and don't do jack, of which I am personally aware of dozens, are the ones staying and milking the system as long as they can.

• Like 1

I understand the governor can't oversee every facet of the inner workings of the state and a good leader would appoint a qualified individual to handle individual sectors ,it sure seems like there has been a serious breakdown on many different levels during this whole process . It just makes you realize how bad the leadership is leading up to this .

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I understand the governor can't oversee every facet of the inner workings of the state and a good leader would appoint a qualified individual to handle individual sectors ,it sure seems like there has been a serious breakdown on many different levels during this whole process . It just makes you realize how bad the leadership is leading up to this .

Dude if you saw how many "CXO" hirings he's made over the past 10 years you'd flip your lid. Where there used to be an infrastructure that reported directly to each agency for IT, now there's a consolidated, vastly reduced workforce spread thin.  But each "Portfolio" has about 5 executives who near as I can tell do absolutely NOTHING where none existed before.  Don't be shocked when state services start going down in the next 4 years or so, even big ones like Personal Income tax filings.

But before the side track goes too far:  I know and work with the IT guys over at Labor and they have been asses and elbows for 2 months now, so they are doing their best.  

• Like 1

My wife actually volunteered to process Unemployment claims in addition to her normal job which is totally unrelated . She been set up to work securely form home since late February. She was helping out after work in our home office and on weekends for the past few weeks. They are just clearing up the back log.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk