Sunday night afternoon hunt!

Robinson446

Well I took my girlfriend out sunday afternoon, she fell asleep on the pile of logs we were sittin on, so i woke her up and told her ill walk her to the truck and i would go back out. I woke her up, and look up, and a monster 6 was walking 25 hards from me. Didnt see me, didnt know i was even there. So i told her not to move and to be quite, she goes, "What, Why?" So as soon as she said that i drew back and he was at 30 yards by this time and he heard her and stopped for a second and I let the arrow fly, he kind of started to run, then stopped and just stared at me at 40 yards... So this time i held the pin a little high,(about an inch high off his back bone), I grunted at him in hopes he would turn broad side, and he did. I let the arrow fly, perfectly through the air, then i heard a THWACK and he jumped up and kicked. I thought for sure I hit him. So i sat there for a goof 45 seconds, decided to put another arrow in, and as soon as i did, a coyote ran 10 yards from me from the directiion the big buck came and kept running to my right, i only had a running shot, So i led him alittle bit and let the arrow fly, he was at 20 yards when i shot, when i shot, he stopped, and i was still leading him, and the arrow went about 5 inches infront of him. He toook off like a bat out of hell so i decided to back out of the woods and go back to the truck and try to call in to my dad and brother for some help. Well this was about 30 minutes later, so we walked in, and i had my dad sit where i was to use it as a reference, and i walked to where the second shot took place, and what do ya know, The exact height, and exact spot the deers bread basket was in, my arrow decided to make a detour into a tree as big around as my thumb... If that tree wasnt there, i woulda been one happy camper... Im gonna get him saturday, if not saturday, then ill get him sunday, if not sunday, I Will get him gun season... Gotta get these damn coyotes out of here though, its getting out of control.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my dad went out to hunt this sat. My Buddy that lives across from the gun club got the buck i was after, 8 yards away. Turned out to be a 7 point. about a 2 1/2 year old deer. NICE deer. Was kinda upset someone else got him cause i lost alot of sleep over this deer and was bound and determined to get him. But when its all said and done its ending up on someones plate that can use the meat. Still a nice buck. Ill try and post pictures later in the week.