web site for NY handgun owners- call your senator/assemblyman!

solon

It lists a name and a permit # . If I only ever had one handgun and sold it , my name would still be on the list . If I have 20 handguns , no one would know by looking at the list .

No it doesnt, it lists name and address, thats it.

I sit corrected . I corrected my statement just before your post . The number on the list , just before the name has nothing to do with a Permit # . The list numbers are in sequence with names being alphabetically listed .

Anyway , what can an anti-gun or anti-hunter do with the list ?

Nothing really. If they were to harass you, just call the police.

Thats fine Doc, Im just saying that you can get a heck of alot more personal info about someone from what they post about themselves on the internet and such. Did you also know that once your garbage hits the curb, its public domain as well? You know what kind of personal info you can get from someone's trash?

LOL.... That's why we have a shredder. And yes, the internet is a major source of privacy invasion. That is a shame, and it also is not something where we should be welcoming or justifying more of it.

I agree, but half the reason the people posted the list was probably to get everyone fired up and acting like fools. What better way to show their viewpoint than to have gun owners doing things like harassing the people that posted it? I guess my main point is that its not something to go crazy about and that people should go about it the right way to make sure the info is private from now on.

I agree, but half the reason the people posted the list was probably to get everyone fired up and acting like fools. What better way to show their viewpoint than to have gun owners doing things like harassing the people that posted it? I guess my main point is that its not something to go crazy about and that people should go about it the right way to make sure the info is private from now on.

Ok, now first of all let's be honest neither you or I have any idea why they posted it. We can guess, but only they know why they went to all the effort to do that. I sure don't know about people going crazy, but if gun owners are concerned with this kind of nonsense, then I guess I feel better than if they simply shrug their shoulders and say, "I don't care".

Ok, now first of all let's be honest neither you or I have any idea why they posted it. We can guess, but only they know why they went to all the effort to do that. I sure don't know about people going crazy, but if gun owners are concerned with this kind of nonsense, then I guess I feel better than if they simply shrug their shoulders and say, "I don't care".

The operative word in my post was "probably", which means it was a guess. I never said that was the reason lol.

The operative word in my post was "probably", which means it was a guess. I never said that was the reason lol.

No, but seriously, I really would like to know what the intent was. I'm really trying to figure out what they had in mind when they went through all the effort of filing a FOI petition and then built the website to put it on. That just isn't normal behavior unless there is something in it for them (him/her/whatever). Just curious and not easily convinced to simply ignore it.