Check this out....NYS online tax maps

zeke83

I was looking through the NYS website about filing a tax greivence, and stumbled across this. Its an online tax map, that has a lot of great info. This link goes to the Herkimer county maps, but you could do a search for GIS maps for your county.

All you have to do is scroll in to zoom into your area. Use the option in the upper right hand of your screen to turn on the satellite view. Once you are looking at a parcell of land, simply click on it, and it will tell you the property owner....Give it a minute as the system works slow

http://webmap.jws.com/taxmap/viewer.aspx?JWSCONFIG=NY_Herkimer

you can find maps for taxes by doing a Google search for whatever county you need

, " Washington County NY Tax Map GIS" for example.

some counties get real in depth, I can fins sales info in some counties, last sold, to who, their address, atc, and in other counties it will only tell you owner name and value, size, etc.

Does anyone know how to get GPS coordinates from these maps? I was talking to a logger not to long ago, and he said they use hand held GPS to find boundary lines.

Im not looking for exact locations, I just don’t want to be hunting on other people’s land

I have been looking at them for years.

It depends on a county by county basis.

Most of the time if you go to the county website you will be able to find a link. Look under real property services. And look for Parcel viewer in most cases. There is a centralized site through ORPS but i don't really use it.

Allegany

Catt

Chautauqua

The above are the links to the counties i use the most.

good info... I always just called the town I was interested in and they would email me the maps. I've had good luck in opening 2 windows, google maps and the tax map and then resize google map to equal the tax map. I toggle both of them and can get a real good idea of natural bounderies and lay of the property I'm hunting.