Keeps going

Paula

When i have chester out he will sometimes come out from the brush and run like hell to the truck. I thought he was doing this because he didn't see me when he would pop out. He has done it a few times. Last weekend he came out looked at me and ran for truck. I don't know why he does it, what hes doing, i just don't get it. He does always come back. Any ideas?

My one dog does that, or simular anyway. He doesn't want to leave the truck, but if I keep him on the lead and get away by 75 yards he's fine. Now if I take him off and say lets go he will run back if we are to close, funny and I'm glad I'm not alone. I thought he was terrified the first time he did it.

Paula, he should grow out of it, just try to keep him away, not sure if you have a shock collar with tone or sound only, but would be a great way to get his attention. Also, I would work with him on coming to you , so when you see him heading towards the truck he honors your call. Get a whistle, use in your yard, walk away from him, blow the whistle and tell him to come to you, when does alot praise and a treat, snausages are a favorite. After a while he will associate that whistle with coming in to you for a treat. so when you see him heading to the truck, blow the whistle,he should come right back to you. I have trained alot dogs this way, I do not use a whistle, but comands with a deep voice. Yous may not be able to do that if you have high pitch voice.

Good luck, contact me anytime with questions, besides having dogs for 20 years, I have trained alot different breeds, as I am a certified trainer as a hobby.