Best Night in the woods so far

sodfather

Went to work this morning and had this feeling I wish I was hunting. I went on lunch break and saw a monster 10 point right on the side of the road standing there with a doe. I said thats it and rushed home to grab my gear and head out to my hunting grounds. Sat in the stand at 2;00 and a half hour i see a doe walking followed by another doe followed by a nice buck. For 2 hour I watched 12 deer total in this thick mess with all sorts of grunting and chassing going on all around me it was awesome just to sit there. I managed to get a shot off at a small 6 and missed. the arrow went low right under his legs. Now i need to buy a range finder to the list. Already broke down and got a trail cam this year. I thought my night was over but the other deer stayed there the entire time. The Rut is on and they dont care whats going. This is awesome!!!! I cant wait till Sat I hope the action is the same. Thanks for reading.

Im off topic, since im in northern zone and its rifle season.... its been hit and miss for me. one night im grunting in 8 pts, the next night nothing. Tonight was a flop, not one deer, then when i left my in laws, there was a six point running up their fence line. Another night i had a shot that i couldnt take because of safety reasons on same 8 pt. He is either in a range that i cant shoot because of safety, or he is in a thicket and only see his head and refuse to shoot and just wound him. ugghhhhh. I just have to remain patient. He will come into the zone i hope.

Went to work this morning and had this feeling I wish I was hunting. I went on lunch break and saw a monster 10 point right on the side of the road standing there with a doe. I said thats it and rushed home to grab my gear and head out to my hunting grounds. Sat in the stand at 2;00 and a half hour i see a doe walking followed by another doe followed by a nice buck. For 2 hour I watched 12 deer total in this thick mess with all sorts of grunting and chassing going on all around me it was awesome just to sit there. I managed to get a shot off at a small 6 and missed. the arrow went low right under his legs. Now i need to buy a range finder to the list. Already broke down and got a trail cam this year. I thought my night was over but the other deer stayed there the entire time. The Rut is on and they dont care whats going. This is awesome!!!! I cant wait till Sat I hope the action is the same. Thanks for reading.

what area are you hunting? I mean DMU

Im in 9f, I was hunting in the town of Clarence. I even saw one of the does walking with her tail sticking strait out releasing her smell with one of the bucks right behind her. I cant get over this. I was so pumped just watching this all happen cause you only see it on T.V. Before this property I was only able to hunt state land and never had deer feel comfortable enough to act like this for so long.