How many members on here own their own business / work for themselves?

burmjohn

Buck 315 how are the lumber these days wonder if it's worth having our property logger. We have Ash, Cherry, Beech, and Maple no Oak trees.

Belive it or not it's at it's peak i mean we should have been logging in the summer but we thought since a lot of people dont have jobs and much money ect..that work would be slow.But man i was wrong we had a couple that wanted enuff logs for a full size house and garge..And be are backed up about 20 loads for just pre cut fire word.But the biz is great i guess more people are turning to log stoves and fire places to save a big buck on heating threw out the winter!!

i guess more people are turning to log stoves and fire places to save a big buck on heating threw out the winter!!

It also helps marrying into a landscaping family where you can get free wood.

I've been burning a wood stove in my home from October through April since 1994. I can't stand dealing with those damn oil companies. Always have to negotiate with them every year!

adkhunter,nice website

Thanks. Let me know if you are ever in need of a painter. I currently am the owner and sole employee due to the economic climate, so I get busy pretty quickly, but am always open and on the lookout for other good contractors (those who also hunt are an added bonus) to work with and refer to clients/family/friends.

It also helps marrying into a landscaping family where you can get free wood.

I've been burning a wood stove in my home from October through April since 1994. I can't stand dealing with those damn oil companies. Always have to negotiate with them every year!

My hunting cabin has electric heat in every room, but I never use the electric. I have a wood burning stove and it makes the cabin nice and cozy. Love burning wood. too bad you can't bring any home anymore for my fireplace. DEC regulations firewood can't be transported more than 50 miles. But up state I cut split and stack my own wood. We have loads of blow downs to cut up for fire wood. I always go for the cherry first.

My hunting cabin has electric heat in every room, but I never use the electric. I have a wood burning stove and it makes the cabin nice and cozy. Love burning wood. too bad you can't bring any home anymore for my fireplace. DEC regulations firewood can't be transported more than 50 miles. But up state I cut split and stack my own wood. We have loads of blow downs to cut up for fire wood. I always go for the cherry first.

I have a wood stove in my home on LI and in the house upstate where we go hunting. Tons of fallen trees - lots of cedars and oaks. Enough up there to last a life time. Down on LI I love wind storms - love it when my brother in law calls me and asks me where do I want the wood dropped off?

• 2 weeks later...

I co-own a family electrical contracting business, been around since 1959. It sure helps during hunting season, can get the guys out of the shop or scheduled for the next day and get a couple hours in each morning in the woods. Live and hunt in the capital region.