Savage 220F

crs740

Has anybody used one of these hunting yet? My dad and I bought these this year and have been impressed at the range with 3 shot groups around 1" to 1.5" at 100 yards. I had an 11-87 but the accuracy was questionable at best. I am looking forward to using this and certainly feel comfortable shooting out to 150 to 175 with it.

I have one with a Leupold 3 to 7 scope and am using 3" federal barnes expanders... I am amazed at how it performs on the range and even more amazed at how it performs in the field...

I have a 5 or 6 acre square field that I lilke to hunt.. I built a blind out of hay bales, which provides me a good rest.. With that gun, anything that steps out into the field is shootable... That was not the case prior to buying this gun....

I am looking for a .270 and am certain that I will buy a savage.. The Accu-Trigger is fantastic and would like to have it on all of the guns that I shoot..

t-barb. Ben shooting a Savage in 30.06 and I absolutely love it. If you do get the .270, try and get a box of Reminton Accutips. A little pricey but not to bad and they shoot great out of the Savages. Tried Winchesters, and Federals out of the gun and couldn't get as tight groups. Just a fyi...