My Skull Mounts

tjsomerv

I'm new here, but been doing this stuff for a few years:) I learned how to take care of dermestid beetles when I was in college 9 years ago, and when I graduated I got myself some and started up cleaning skulls. 8 years later, I do many skulls throughout the ear. Obviously deer season is my busy time! Here are just a few of the skulls I have done with the beetles...

post-1747-0-49133800-1321639915_thumb.jp

post-1747-0-87711600-1321640049_thumb.jp

Elk from out west, it was fun to do when I had only done white tails prior! It barely fit in my beetle tank...

post-1747-0-52847800-1321640098_thumb.jp

I also like doing the small skulls, to me they are amazing! Some of the detail you can see after the bugs is incredible. I like finding ones with weird skull deformities also

cool pics. I have all the skulls from furbearers I shot that were done by a guy who has beetles. A raccoon I shot with a pellet gun, has 2 pellet embedded in his skull, its pretty cool looking.

My Dad has a mink skull done by the guy who the beetles, it is so small yet so detailed. Amazing work these beetles do.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Small skulls is where beetles have the advantage. When I worked for DEC, I cleaned a humming bird skull. One of the coolest things I have ever seen. I also cleaned a few bats and they look like the Predator from the movies! I will take some pictures of the weasel skulls I just finished, they are incredible little creatures.

Thanks for the interest guys! I charge $100 for the skull to be totally cleaned up. To save myself time and materials, I charge $90 if you remove the hide first. I tell people 6 to 12 months, because with the beetles you never know if there will a disaster. 2 years ago I was traveling for work and we lost power. No power means no heat and 50,000 beetles froze to death. In reality, it is closer to the 6 months. I have already completed some from the beginning of bow season.

My number is (585) 734-1566, feel free to call anytime if you want to drop one off or have questions! My name is Tom